Parent Page: Prospective Students id: 2455 Active Page: Submit Supporting Materialsid:2515

Submit Supporting Materials

Applications are considered incomplete until all applicable documents, including official transcripts and test scores, are received by the Office of Admissions and Records.

Students applying through a centralized application service, (i.e. AADSAS, CAAPID, CASPA, DHCAS, NursingCAS, OTCAS, PharmCAS, PTCAS, or SOPHAS) should follow instructions given on the college websites.


  • Official Transcripts - Submit separate officials in the original, sealed envelope from each institution attended.  Send updated transcripts at the end of each term when new grades or degrees are posted.  Transcripts of record from colleges or universities accredited by the North Central Association or other regional accrediting associations will be given full value.  Official transcripts of record from institutions not accredited by a regional association will be evaluated on the basis of the recommendations contained in the current issue of the Report of Credit Given by Educational Institutions, published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.  Transfer transcripts become the property of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and cannot be returned.
  • OU-Norman Transcripts - If you are a current or previous student at our Norman, OK campus, we will obtain this transcript for you.  It is important however, to report attendance at OU-Norman within the application; include start and end dates.
  • Verification of Current Enrollment – A copy of your current or projected class schedule is an acceptable form of verification of enrollment.  Write-in the name of the school and term of attendance if it’s not listed in the printout.
  • High School Transcripts - The requirement for high school transcripts and ACT scores vary by program and department.  If uncertain, you may reference the college’s website for specific program requirements.
  • Electronic Transcripts (preferred) - OUHSC participates with most electronic transcript networks.  If this method is an option with the school, send electronic transcripts to    
  • Prior Learning Assessment Credit - Information is available by viewing the Transfer Credit Information page on this site.
  • GRE Scores – An official set, if required, should be sent through Educational Testing Services (ETS) using OUHSC institution code 6902, unless advised differently by the college.
  • Study Abroad – If you studied abroad and the coursework and grades are posted to the transcript of your home institution, then you can skip sending a separate transcript.  If, however, the coursework and grades are not listed on the transcript of your home institution you will be required to submit a separate transcript from your study abroad program that clearly reflects the coursework and grades in English.
  • Foreign Transcripts - If you have attended a college or university outside of the United States, you must arrange, at your expense, to have the academic records evaluated by a U.S. credential evaluation service and sent to the Office of Admissions and Records or central application service.  The evaluation must be assessed on a course-by-course basis and the GPA converted to a 4.0 grading scale.  Prior to ordering an evaluation, please view the Foreign Credential Evaluation Program Guide to learn which evaluation service is accepted for your program.  Some limitations may apply depending upon central application service acceptance.  OUHSC does not evaluate transcripts from non-U.S. schools.

SUPPLEMENTAL ITEMS – Not all programs require additional information such as reference letters, personal career goal statement, and resume.  Therefore it is important that you refer to the college’s website for a list of requirements and mailing instructions.

Criminal Background Checks Policy – Conditionally accepted applicants must undergo a national Criminal Background Check ("CBC") prior to the first day of classes.  CBC Policy