The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (S.E.V.I.S) is the government tracking system that requires the Office of Admissions and Records to report regularly by Internet all events in the life of a student. Due to this close tracking, it is vital that you stay in status by following all items on this sheet and stay in touch with our office so that you can avoid unintentional violations.
With the development of Homeland Security's tracking system for International Students referred to as SEVIS, it has been important on the part of the institution to make sure all new incoming and current students understand all aspects of F-1 Student VISA regulations. These regulations cover all immigration applications and have effect on processing of student I-20's, transfers from school to school, program plan changes, on-campus and off-campus employment, curricular practical training, optional practical training, full-time enrollment, reporting address changes and reinstatement. Failure to maintain lawful nonimmigrant status will cause your status in SEVIS to be terminated and immediately create eligibility for further immigration benefits such as employment, change of status or right to remain.
On the SEVIS System, the following information will be reported to INS:
- Creation of an I-20
- Change of name or address
- Addition of dependent
- Updated financial information
- Enrollment or failure to enroll for each term or session
- Changes in program, such as change of major, deferrals, or extensions
- Employment notification
- Graduation prior to the date listed on the I-20
- An authorized drop below full-time status and resumption of full-time course load
- following an authorized drop
- An unauthorized drop below full-time status
- Academic or disciplinary actions taken due to a criminal conviction
- Termination of program and date
It is your responsibility to know the new federal regulations as they are released by the INS. The new regulations will dramatically change many of the above requirements. It is your responsibility to know them by attending public information meetings on-campus, reading your email INS Updates from this office or the INS website.
It is extremely important that you stay enrolled full-time and keep your address updated at all times. If there are any changes or additions to this information, we will notify you. If you have any questions about immigration regulations, please come to the Office of Admissions and Records (LIB 121 or call (405) 271-2359 or email ISSHSC@ouhsc.edu
SEVIS Transfer Information
If you wish to transfer from OUHSC to another academic institution, you must complete and submit the Transfer Release form to the Office of Admissions and Records authorizing OUHSC to release your SEVIS record for attendance at your new school. We cannot release your SEVIS record without your written consent.
Attach a copy of your admission letter to the new school.
After you have been released in SEVIS to transfer to the new school, OUHSC will no longer be able to access to your SEVIS record. If you change your mind and no longer wish to transfer to the new school, notify the Office of Admissions and Records.
- If you have enrolled at OUHSC for the next semester, you must cancel your enrollment if you transfer out. Completion of this form will not withdraw you from current or future semesters at OUHSC. Failure to withdraw may result in charges to your OUHSC bursar account.
- OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING: Your EAD card for OPT will no longer be valid as of the SEVIS release date. You will forfeit any remaining time on the EAD.
- After your SEVIS release date, you are no longer eligible for on-campus employment at OUHSC. Admissions and Records will notify the OUHSC payroll office regarding your last day of eligible employment.
- You must provide proof of admission to your new school before OUHSC will release your SEVIS record for attendance at the new school.