OUHSC is now a Chapter of the SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society! This prestigious organization was founded in 2009 by the Colorado State University’s Veterans Office thanks to a grant paid by the American Council of Education and Walmart Foundation. We are one of more than 230 chapters of the society that acknowledges the academic achievement of veterans bettering themselves through the pursuit of knowledge.
The foundation blocks of SALUTE are Service, Academics, Leadership, Unity, Tribute, and Excellence.
Undergraduate veteran or currently serving students who are enrolled for the current term, have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours of coursework, and earned a 3.00 GPA or higher; AND, Graduate/Professional veteran or currently serving students who are enrolled for the current term, who have completed at least 9 credit hours of coursework, and earned a 3.5 GPA or higher are encouraged to apply.
The undergraduate GPA tiers are broken down according to the following:
- Alpha Tier GPA: 3.75 - 4.00
- Bravo Tier GPA: 3.50 - 3.74
- Charlie Tier GPA: 3.25 - 3.49
- Delta Tier GPA: 3.00 - 3.24
Graduate students will be classified as "SALUTE Gold Members."
- Complete the Membership Application Form;
- Submit an unofficial transcript;
- Send a copy of your DD-214 with HONORABLE discharge, or current active/drilling orders;
- $20 lifetime membership fee.
- Spring: March 1
- Summer: July 1
- Fall: October 1
- A certificate and military-style challenge coin commemorating membership in SALUTE;
- Eligible to compete for national scholarships;
- Enhance your resume with formal academic acknowledgement and engage in local leadership positions;
- Opportunities to network as well as receive and give assistance to fellow student veterans;
- Wear SALUTE Honors regalia to demonstrate academic success as a veteran during graduation ceremonies.
SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society is proud to introduce our national scholarship program. The purpose is to provide financial assistance to Veterans or service members who are pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or certification at accredited institutions. The scholarship monies are inclusive of educational expenses, and if an applicant receives federal aid, their award package from the institution may be adjusted.
For more information, please visit www.salute.colostate.edu/home or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.